GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Monday 23 March 2009

POST # 011 Joe Satriani on getting his first gigs

“ I remember when I was playing in high school bands and it seemed as if there was no place to play and try to make a living. People were going to clubs, but they only wanted to dance to disco music; the live rock thing was pretty much dead. So I thought, how can I proceed with my goal, which was to be the greatest rock guitar player in the world [laughs] but still make a buck, you know? And someobody told me that I could play guitar in a disco band, and as abhorrent as that sounded to me, I thought, Well, I’ll still be playing the guitar, and I’ll be in front of a crowd. And that’s what I did for a while.” Joe Satriani

(must had been some pretty amazing disco cover band! I met Joe at a music store signing once, a nicer guy you will not find -Ed)





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHIpXm41EK4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...