GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Saturday 5 September 2009

POST # 172 Jim Marshall on The Start of Marshall Amps

"I opened a drum shop in Hanwell, London, in 1960 where I sold drums and gave lessons. The drummers I taught would all bring their guitarists in all the time and young players like Pete Townshend and Ritchie Blackmore would always say to me, "Why only drums? Why don't you sell guitars and amplifiers too, Jim? The other music shops in London all treat us like idiots because we play rock and roll, you don't so we'd much rather shop here!" My initial reply was, "I know a lot about drums but not much about guitars and amplifiers." But, I decided to give it a go anyway and it turned out to be very successful indeed right away." - Jim Marshall

( Bit of history and tour of the Marshall factory. - Ed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...