GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Saturday 31 July 2010

POST # 286 Frank Gambale on Other Instruments

Yes, I discovered Corea when I was about 14 and I thought it was the best music for my tastes. I was also frustrated with guitarists by that point because after about 7 years of playing I noticed that most guitarists played the same three blues licks over and over again in every conceivable context. I was just plain bored with guitar.
Corea and keyboardists and sax players just seemed light years more advanced harmonically speaking. This prompted me to give up the guitar for 2 years. I was studying the Chick Corea Improvisations CDs by ear and had quite a few pieces I could play by memory from those recording. I still love the piano today, in fact I'm getting a grand piano very soon for my home. It's something I've wanted all my life and I'm finally doing it. I want to get into it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...