GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Wednesday 6 October 2010

POST # 366 MYSTERY CASE No. 8 WHAT am I ??



Good Day GUITAR EUREKA Detectives!

You are given 10 clues to the identity of this mystery OBJECT. See how many clues you require to solve the case...have fun!

1. My 'concept' was first designed in 1934 by Electro-Voice.

2. My application to the guitar was first applied in 1955

3. My original magnet length was 2.5" long, which was decreased by 1/8" to 1/4" to around 2.25" in July 1961.

4. I can be made of Alnico 2,3,4,5 grade, but standardized to Alnico 5 from 1961 onwards.

5. I was manually wound by the Leesona 102 coil winder until 1965 when automation took over.

6. I am wound with #42 plain enamel wire, firstly purple bobbin wires then red on later versions.

7. I typically have a DC resistance of 7.5 to 9 kΩ

8. I have a black or cream M-69 pickup ring

9. I have two internal coil bobbins under a 1.5" x 2.75" metal cover with one bobbin having a row of six adjustable slot-head poles, and the other bobbin being non-adjustable.

10. My U.S. Patent No. is 2,896,491 by Seth Lover

WHAT am I ???

EXTRA TRIVIA/CLUES:

I made my debut on the Gibson Les Paul guitar.

I have a narrower string spacing when used as the neck pickups of jazz archtops.

I have two coils with opposing windings and polarities

I produce a "warm" and "fat" tone

I am sometimes referred to as dual-coil, double coil or hum-cancelling pickups

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEtC1BHdQz4&feature=related

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...