GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Tuesday 19 October 2010

POST # 379 Frank Gambale on The Record Business

I have signed my share of bad contracts. It's something I have learned from experience. It has been my experience that most record companies, publishers, video companies will all try and do everything they can to exploit you and in a lot of cases flat out rip you off. What musicians tend to forget is that record companies are NOTHING without artists.

So maybe you sign a contract for one record after which, if things go great, you can change percentages etc. It's pretty scary signing a 7 album deal if you don't understand the fine print. I've started my own record company called Wombat Records. It's small, but I can do whatever I want, musically, and I don't need to beg a record company to put it out. I'm releasing a double-live CD this year and a duet record I did with a fine Italian Classical guitarist called Maurizio Colonna. I have plans for many more project albums for Wombat Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...