GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Thursday 25 November 2010

POST # 416 MYSTERY CASE No. 15 WHO am I ?



Good Day GUITAR EUREKA Detectives!

You are given 10 clues to the identity of this mystery PERSON. See how many clues you require to solve the case...have fun!

1. I was born on January 13, 1929 in New Brunswick, New Jersey and raised in Johnstown, Pennsylvania.



2. My father pushed me constantly to pick up tunes by ear, play pieces not written specifically for the instrument, practice scales and not to "leave any spaces" - that is, to fill in the sonic space between the notes of the melody.



3. I started giging at 14, and was playing with bands fronted by Tony Pastor and Charlie Barnet.



4. I like to break my guitar picks and playing only with the smaller part.



5. I spent much of the 1950s in relative obscurity due to my drug addiction.



6. In 1962 I recorded an albumn called The Sounds of Synanon. Named after the drug rehabilitation program I have been undergoing.



7. I recorded a series of albums during the 1960s for the Pacific Jazz label, including the early classics Catch Me, 12-String Guitar, For Django, and Simplicity.
I also did TV and recording session work in Los Angeles in the 1960's.



8. I recorded the very first album on the new Concord Jazz label, entitled simply Jazz/Concord with guitarist Herb Ellis.



9. I was signed to Norman Granz's new Pablo Records label in 1970. In 1974, I released a solo album called Virtuoso on Pablo Records.



10. I mainly play a Gibson ES-175 but have also played D'Aquisto archtops. I had endorsed guitars by Ibanez and currently Epiphone still makes a model named after me.


I passed away on May 23, 1994.

I am ?????



ANSWER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qJyqCqMxtw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...