Sunday, 2 January 2011
POST # 452 MYSTERY CASE No 20 "WHAT" am I ???
1. I was introduced in 1948.
2. I am a combo amp.
3. I have top facing chrome panel with white screened labels, controls go from 1-12.
4. I have 1 volume knob with the power switch mounted on the back of the pot. No tone control.
5.use chicken head knobs.
6.I have only 1 powertube, my circuit is single ended and class A.
7. use a 12AX7 dual triode in the preamplifier to provide two stages of voltage amplification, and a single 6V6GT power tube to produce about 5 watts
8. I have an 8 inch speaker sometimes 6 inch. Usually Jensen p8T.
9. I am made by Fender with model 5E1.
10. u can hear me on such recordings as Eric Clapton's "Layla", Jeff Beck's “Cause We Ended As Lovers”, ZZ Top's “La Grange” , Joe Walsh's "Rocky Mountain Way"
I am the ?????