GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Tuesday 19 January 2010

POST # 261 Jim Hall on Playing what You are Hearing

Players should force themselves to hear something and then play it, rather than just do whatever comes under the fingers. I try to make my playing as fresh as possible by not relying on set pattersn. When I practice, I tie off some of the strings with rubber bands to force myself to look at the fingerboard differently. For instance, I might play on the G and D strings only, or even just the G and A strings. - Jim Hall


( Sometimes limitation can lead to creativity! Whats that cliche...necessity is the mother of invention? I remember breaking the top E string during a guitar solo once and just had to wing it with 5 strings live! I think we have all done that one time or another. - Ed )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...