Thursday, 17 February 2011
POST # 498 MYSTERY CASE # 26 "WHAT" am I ????
G'day Guitar Eureka Detectives!
You are given 10 clues to the identity of this mystery object , see how many clues you require to guess the correct answer, have fun!
1. I was introduced in 1961.
2. Pete Townshend used me during the Live at Leeds era.
3. I was one of the first models to sport the Maestro Vibrola.
4. There are 'Walnut' versions of me made in the late 70's and early 80's.
5. I was advertised as having the "fastest neck in the world" due to my slender neck profile and virtually non-existent heel.
6. Yamaha had to renamed one of their most popular models when my company objected to the similar name of their model and me.
7. I am infamous for being "neck heavy".
8. Models produced between 1961 and 1965 have the original small pickguard; in 1966 the guitar was redesigned slightly with a different neck joint, and the modern larger semi-symmetrical "batwing" pickguard first appeared in 1967.
9. I generally have a solid mahogany body, My 24.75" scale mahogany neck joins the body at the 19th fret.
10. Eric Clapton played a version of me with custom paint job known as the "Fool" guitar.
I am the ???????????????
I have two humbucking pickups and a Tune-O-Matic bridge.
A famous 6 / 12 string double neck version was based on my shape.