GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Monday 1 June 2009

POST # 080 Wes Montgomery on Charlie Christian

"I don't know whether it was his melodic lines, his sound or his approach,
but I hadn't heard anything like that before. He wasn't the first electric
guitarist I'd heard because Les Paul was around at that time, but I didn't
get much from him. Maybe Christian stuck out because he was so different.
He sounded so good and it sounded easy, so I said maybe the big thing of
it is just to buy an instrument! I had a good job as a welder so I bought
me a guitar and amplifier and said now I can't do nothing but play! But I
found out it's not that easy. Really welding was my talent, I think, but I
sort of swished it aside!" WES MONTGOMERY

(Talented welder and guitarist Wes Montgomery talking about one of his foremost influences (on the guitar that is, not welding :P) - Ed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...