GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Tuesday 2 June 2009

POST # 081 Viva Deconcini on Scales

"More by feel. I’ve learned a lof of scales, obviously, but I seldom think of them while I’m soloing. My improvisations tend to be more rhythmical than melodic, because there’s nothing like locking in with a great bassist and drummer – though occasionally I play composed solos that ar more melodic, like Brian May might do. As far as mixing up scales goes, I went to the New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music for a while, and the founder, Arnie Lawrence, told me that there’s really one scale, which is the chromatic scale-and I kind of took that to heart." – Viva Deconcini

(Chromatic scale, the grand daddy of all scales. - Ed)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...