GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Saturday 27 June 2009

POST # 106 Bireli Lagrene on Playing the Changes

I know what kind of chord I’d expect to come when it is my turn to play a solo, so I can kind of figure it out. At the very moment, I think about the general chord. But you don’t think of it, because, once you know the tune, you don’t think about what is going to come. It’s a sort of automatisme. - Bireli Lagrene

( I think jazz standards are a little more complicated to internalize then other genre because of all the chord changes..but if you can do it with a 12 bar blues there is no reason you can't do the same with a standard, most standards are really only 16 bars (not counting the repeats! AABA) Bireli and company does the bop standard Donna Lee - Ed)

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Thanks for following my site www.bluesandjazzguitar.blogspot.com. I just joined yours also. A very nice site you have here. It'll take some time to check out but that's alright!
    Stay in touch.
    Regards,
    Robert

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...