GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Friday 6 August 2010

POST # 294 Frank Gambale on Going to GIT

I went crazy for the guitar. There were so many good players around in the school and in the clubs that I was determined to be one of them. I routinely practiced 12 hour days. I had no life outside of guitar. I was a sponge and absorbed as much as I could from Diorio, Mock and Henderson, I even spent some time with Joe Pass. It was a great time. I made some lifelong friends and I met people who I still work with today. I spent a lot of time developing my sweep picking technique. I wrote the Speed Picking book while I was still a student. When I graduated I was asked to teach ( which was great because I was completely broke!) and went on to teach for 4 more years having the guitar in my hand for often 12 hour days.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...