GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Monday 16 August 2010

POST # 309 Chet Atkins on Music Man Amps on the Road

On the road, I use a Music Man 112 RD. It’s 50 watts with a 12-inch speaker. You know, I’d like to take an amp with two twelves, or a 15-inch, but they’re so heavy. I have so much sympathy for those poor guys who load that stuff. And for my road manager, who has to lift it. Two speakers smooth out the sound, because speakers, if you look at a graph, the highs and lows have a lot of mountains and valleys. This is just conjecture on my part, but I think with two speakers, they’ll be different from each other, so they’ll smooth out the overall frequency response. Somebody can write in and tell me if I’m right or wrong about that, but that’s an idea I have and I believe it’s true.


So Paul and I both use the Music Man. They’re not manufactured any more, but they’re around, you can find them. I’ll tell you, I just accidently discovered that nylon string guitar sounds better through that amp than any amp I’ve ever used. So I started using it, then Paul started using it and a lot of people buy them now and use them. I had a larger, 100-watt Music Man. Paul’s got it now, but it’s so heavy.

( Two legends together. - Ed )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...