GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Wednesday 16 March 2011

POST # 528 Albert Lee on his Fluid Technique

And I don’t know if that’s a blessing or a curse. I have a pretty fluid technique, and it can run away with me. If I do fall over or make a mistake, I’m able to take it somewhere else. It’s like going on a cross-country run: I’m able to negotiate most things that come my way, but I often think I should sit back and survey the landscape, and pick and choose more. I started to learn that playing with Eric. When I was in his band, I thought, “This guy is really milking the music for all it’s worth. What he’s doing is relatively simple, but it fits amazingly well.” Now I try to think that way when I play.
My knowledge of the fretboard came through working out Cliff Gallup solos. He was great with a tremolo bar too, so I started out using the tremolo on my first couple of guitars, but then got away from it for many years. I rediscovered it when Music Man started offering tremolos on my signature model guitars.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...