GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Thursday 31 March 2011

POST # 548 Shawn Lane on his Power of Ten Album

On that album I really wanted to do one where I played everything. I did everything myself, all the engineering and mixing and I played all the instruments. The drums I played rather in the manner of Future Man with Bela Fleck. I'd seen them play a lot and instead of playing on the Synthaxe, I did it on the drums, on the keyboards. So I played the drums with my fingers, on the keyboard keys. But that album was recorded in a very tiny little room in a house, like a ten-foot little room. And the guitar amp was in the closet (laughs) On that album…I like the sound of doubling guitars, so on a whole lot of, maybe most or all of the record practically all the guitars is actually two performances of the same lines panned from side to side. It gives it a real rich sound, I was careful to double things really close..that was another different thing about that album from some of the rest of the ones I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...