GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Thursday 26 May 2011

POST # 655 EBAY PRICE GUIDE: 2003 Fender John Cruz Custom Shop Tiger Eye Telecaster

Here's a rare beauty from the Fender Custom Shop. Dig the tiger eye top! Just a great looking classy tele.








Scroll down to see how much it sold for. Here's the blurb from the seller.


2003 Fender John Cruz Custom Shop Tiger Eye Telecaster
Only one of 2 ever made like this by John Cruz


You are bidding on my 2003 Fender John Cruz Custom Shop Tiger Eye Telecaster purchased from the original owner in 2009. As I understand it from the original owner, John Cruz made two sets of a Strat and Tele in this amazing Tiger Eye wood. I have searched for two years for the matching Start but have never found it for sale anywhere. As the back of the neck indicates, this is serial number 2.
If you are looking at this guitar, you are probably familiar with John Cruz. He has been with Fender since 1997 and is a Master Builder. Below is his profile:

http://www.fender.com/customshop/aboutus/profiles.php?csp=john_cruz

I have a thing about exotic woods (as you can tell from my other listings) and the pictures do not do this guitar justice. The Tiger Eye wood is amazing. I have only seen one other Tiger Eye wood guitar with this quality and that was my PRS Custom 24 Private Stock I sold to Japan last year for nearly $10,000. In addition, the neck is smooth with ripple maple wood.

I picked up playing guitar about three years ago after not playing for four decades. Unfortunately I suffered a hand injury and I am no longer able to play, so I am selling off all my guitars (except my first one for prosperity.) Please check my other listing as you will find a nice assortments of guitars for sale.

None of the guitars I am listing have been played very much, and not one has left my house nor has any ever been gigged. I am a hobbyist player, and all of these guitars were stored in my third floor family room (always temperature controlled). Our house is a no smoking house. In fact, the ashtray is still wrapped in the original factory paper as you can see in the photo.

This guitar is in amazing shape. There are only two things worth disclosing. First, there is a slight blemish in the finish near the neck on the side of the body. I took a close up and dramatically overexposed the photo so you can see, but in reality it is very visible. Second, two letters off the name of ‘Telecaster’ came off before I received the guitar. I contacted Fender directly and apparently it is an easy fix—need to go to a local Fender authorized repair shop and get them to order the decals from the factory. Unfortunately the closest one to me is in NYC and it’s a pain to take it there. If you are really bothered by this, you can take it to your local shop and get them to order the decal. Other than that, the guitar plays perfect.

I am going to sell it well below what I paid for it from the original owner, which was over $4000. This guitar is going to be listed with a very low reserve (don’t ask as I do not disclosed but it is significantly below those figures listed above.) So here is a chance to own essentially a new guitar well below that.

The guitar will include all the case candy and the original case. The case is in excellent shape with no scratches or nicks.

Shipping to Continental 48 States is a flat rate $100 and will include full insurance. For this auction, I will not ship overseas, do not ask. I will allow local pickup. Funds need to be received with 48 hours of the end of auction, and I will ship within 2 business days.

If you want higher resolution pictures emailed, please contact me.


















2003 Fender John Cruz Custom Shop Tiger Eye Telecaster
Only one of 2 ever made like this by John Cruz

Item condition: Used

Ended: Feb 22, 201119:00:49 PST

Bid history: 8 bids


Winning bid: US $2,126.00






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...