GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Wednesday 6 May 2009

POST #054 Nile Rodgers on Rhythm guitar and Style

One thing about what I do is that while I’m playing the song, I’m also embellishing it- I’m playing it differently, all the time. But it still sounds like the song. That’s because when I learned to play, every band had a style, and you worked hard to sound like yourself….you had to have a style that added but didn’t take away, and didn’t distract or detract from the core vibe. I had to figure out a way to sound original so that no matter what record I’m playing on, people are like, “Oh, that’s Nile playing.” – Nile Rodgers

(Chic playing Le Freak live with special guest - Ed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...