GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Wednesday 13 May 2009

POST #061 Fareed Haque on Improvising and Genre

I'm just thinking melody and chnages whether I'm playing Bach or Bebop

I've come to think about music in pure terms rather than genre or style, and I approach, say, a classical piece in much the same way I would any other type of music.

Rather than memorizing something, I study it until I really understand the structure and harmony, and how it was created. That's how you approach jazz standards, or any tune involving improvisation, and when you do that with classical music, it ceases to be classical music per say, and just become music.

(An interesting guitarist interviewed below - Ed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...