GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Tuesday 19 May 2009

POST # 067 Andy McKee on his technique and Toto's Africa

Take it one hand at a time, and then put them together. I recommend checking out the video…of Toto’s “Africa” The beginning is a good example of how I incorporate interlocking right and left hand rhythms. It helps immensely if you can write the patterns down on paper in order to see exactly how they fit together. – Andy Mckee

I snap my wrist and slap the side of my thumb against the 5th and 6th strings for a whapping, snare-like sound that creates a backbeat as I pluck with my fingers on the upper strings….I’ll thump the heel of my right hand against the lower bout to create a sound similar to a kick drum, and roll my fingers for a bongo-like effect. – Andy Mckee

I’d like to believe that my music has caught on because the compositions themselves are meaningful. There are lots of players who slap and tap, and some seem to do it more for its own sake. In the end, the songs have to connect with people. – Andy Mckee

(Drumming and pulling off the riff on the guitar at the same time! Very cool - Ed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...