GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Sunday 24 May 2009

POST # 072 Steve Morse on Target Notes

Employing different target notes positioned either as the highest or lowest note in each phrase lends solos a sense of development. Fast phrases provide the feeling of energy but may not convey a sense of melody; establishing a target point at which the melody turns around, stops or is accented is a simple way to establish the movement of the melody from one place to the next. I have found that one can get away with playing a very complicated phrase as long as there is something simple built into it that makes it easier for the ear to follow – Steve Morse

( I find that I used to play too many notes when I am not too sure about the chords and so just throw everything at it, now I realize I was just playing fast to cover up my lack of knowledge! Steve here plays very melodically and very nicely. - Ed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...