GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Monday 11 May 2009

POST #059 Joe Pass on Guitar Choices

It was a solid-bodied guitar donated to the Foundation. It was a Fender, but I had to use it as I didn't have one. I had to get used to it though because solid guitars are generally very fast, the neck is fast. Without an amplifier there's no tone at all, but you can really skate on it. Before that I'd used a Martin round-hole fitted with a De Armond pickup. I used that for years and then I used all the various Gibsons. Those guitars I consider good for road work because they take a lot of punishment and although they have no tone un-amplified, they have a better tone than a solid body, much better. - JOE PASS

(Joe Pass playing the solid body guitar in the following video. Just proves you can play straight ahead jazz on anything provided you are swinging like Joe! On a related note a video of Kenny Burrel on an acoustic guitar more a folk guitar then jazz. Australian Jazz Guitar great George Golla plays just about anything and still sounds amazing, I've seen him with Archtops, Hamer SG shaped guitars, Rickenbackers, Les Pauls, 335, Teles... - Ed)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...