GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Saturday 18 July 2009

POST # 127 Miles Davis on his Stage Presence.

" I'm there because I know how to play music better than most musicians. I mean, my conception is considered by musicians to be top, you know. And I know it; that's the reason I'm there. Those people should know that, that I'm not out there grinning, Tomming. I'm out there doing the best that I can, My lip is cut and I'm still playing. I'm not trying to be cute. I know how I look. I'm not messing around with nobody's woman. If I want a woman I go get her—you know what I mean? So I'm just there performing. I'm straight. Actually, I think, old–fashioned, you know. I'm just straight." - Miles Davis

( Music as Entertainment vs Music as Art...or can it be both? Does how you present your music affect the quality of your music? Perhaps some types of music takes greater concentration to play? I think first and foremost every musician playing live wants to sound good, thats why the Beatles quit touring when they couldn't hear themselves above all the screaming fans. And back to Miles... I don't think he's anti show business...I mean look at some of the funky clothings he was wearing from the 70s onwards!! It's more a rebellion against cultural stereotypes that he felt was typcast at the time. Btw I think both clips below are fantastic /entertaining in their own way. - Ed)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...